North Edmonton Minor Football Association 50/50 Cash Raffle Fundraiser
winner takes $510
Fri Apr 22 2022
Mon May 30 2022
Fri Jun 03 2022
NEMFA Clubhouse 11524-153Ave Edmonton, AB
N.E.M.F.A. is non-profit association formed under the Societies Act of Alberta in 1993. There are no paid staff members within the organization and we turn no child away due to financial difficulty. In order to maintain this vibrant athletic program for the children of North Edmonton, our organization’s operation depends heavily on the fundraising efforts and dedication of our many parents and volunteers.
Our program is based on pride and respect for teammates, opponents, team officials, league officials as well as for our parents and volunteers. Our program is one of developmental but that does not mean we are not competitive - we strive to develop and play ALL players.
The Seahawks' philosophy is built on the following principles:
- Sportsmanship is paramount - Winning at all costs is a philosophy that may defeat the purpose of playing the game. While no one is practicing to lose, success does not depend on the score.
- Participation - Starting positions and playing time are determined on the practice field. Therefore, it is important that all players attend practices. Coaching staff will monitor attendance, keeping record of injuries, illness and absences.
- Safety comes first - If a player is thought not to be ready to play by the training staff or coach, that player will not play. It is not our desire to cut or release any such player; rather, we will continue to work with the player on the practice field, with the intention of putting that player on the playing field.
- Family atmosphere - We pride ourselves on our motto "Once a Seahawk, always a Seahawk." Our organization is very welcoming to new players, their parents and volunteers. We welcome and are proud that many of our alumni players have returned to coach with us and alumni parents have maintained or taken on Board positions.
- Fitness - Conditioning and training is important in our program. Our coaches ensure that our players take part in regular conditioning and stretch properly before practices and games to reduce occurrences of injuries and to ensure that they are prepared for game time.
- Fun - Football is meant to be fun! We try to ensure our players have fun playing football while developing skills and encourage them to continue playing the sport long after their years with the Seahawks.
Our goal is that every player develop and improve their skills with each passing week, adopt a physical/healthy lifestyle, and experience the benefits of being a contributing member of a team: the working toward a shared goal, the camaraderie, and the fun and excitement the sport of football can bring.
"Once a Seahawk, Always a Seahawk!"